Eating Oatmeal for breakfast can get pretty boring. If you are looking for new ways to eat your oatmeal, here is one!
I added some super foods to my regular bowl of oats, and the result was a cozy, creamy, flavorful, and comforting breakfast bowl. A great Oatmeal Upgrade!
As with a lot of my recipes, my goal with this one is to inspire you to use your creativity and to perhaps try with new ingredients, or use the ones you already have in your pantry to give healthy ingredients like oatmeal an upgrade so you keep up the good work with healthy eating in a fun, and enjoyable way.
This is a one bowl breakfast, that you can make quickly in the morning or at night and have it ready for breakfast the next day with minimal mess to clean.
- 1/4 cup of dry rolled oats (organic is preferred, and gluten free if this is a concern for you)
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds (whole chia seeds works too)
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds or your seed or nuts of choice
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup of hot boiling water
- 1 tbsp almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 Tbsp of coconut butter (coconut milk will work too, just add more)
- cinnamon, cacao nibs, or chocolate chips for topping (optional but yummy!)
- Blueberries or any fruit you like for topping
- Sprinkle of coconut sugar or honey if desired.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl except the toppings
- Add the hot water and stir well
- Let sit for 5 minutes or overnight for a cold breakfast the next day.
- Add the toppings of your choice at the end and enjoy!
I hope you give this a try, and let me know in the comment below what toppings you used. I enjoy getting new ideas from you!